Monday, July 16, 2012

New Pleated Purse

To go along with all my new projects, I of course had to showcase the new purse I made. I was looking for something to make that was large enough to carry kids stuff (snacks, toys, diapers, etc) without making it look like a typical diaper bag. I also hated changing my purse every time I went somewhere without the kids, so I was on a mission to make my own in an effort to save money (some of those bags are EXPENSIVE!). This way, I was able to customize it to my own tastes as well.... Here was the tutorial I used; every step was perfectly described/detailed and it was so easy to do. Visit Warehouse Fabrics, Inc. for the tutorial.

The finished project
 Instead of using the snap as in the tutorial, I used magnet clasps because they were cheaper (and easier to put in I thought). There were a few places where my sewing machine wouldn't go through since I just have a basic machine, but I think it worked out okay. If I had a dedicated amount of time to work on it, instead of just nap times and after the kids went to bed, I probably would've finished it in a day... but all in all, it took me a few days, not too bad!

Inside

I made a pocket for my phone on the right, and then a larger catch-all on the left.

Another pocket, for keys, hand sanitizer, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment