Thursday, July 26, 2012

Finished Chair

Remember the horrible "before"?
If you read the last post on the ugly wing back chair, you'll definitely want to see the after! My in-laws found this chair at a garage sale for $20, but decided against buying it. However, on their daily walk, they later found the chair out on the curb marked for FREE! They had to pick it up, especially since they later found out it was an Ethan Allen chair. Not bad for free... It did have some rain damage from being left outside for awhile, but once it was dried out and torn apart, I sprayed the foam and batting with Lysol and it seemed (hopefully) as good as new! My Mother-in-Law stripped and re-finished the legs before they handed it over to me.

The more re-upholstering projects I do, it's becoming a much faster process and a lot easier for me.

To remind me how to put it back together...


 And... here's the after:



Arm detail



Someone else enjoyed it... He told me he didn't want Aunt Sarah to take it home...
So, unfortunately the chair won't stay here, but I love the way it turned out - I hope they'll love it as much as I do! Anyone else have a project they need re-finished?? I'm here for ya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment