Thursday, August 9, 2012

We're Raising Nerds...

And I'm perfectly okay with that. All day long, Aiden is "reading" books, doing puzzles, doing preschool-readiness worksheets and coloring/drawing (in fact, he just asked me to color with him, "Because I love you, so you should color with me." What a goof.) As a reward for taking a nap yesterday, we went to the library to get new books and movies. I must've read his books at least 5 times each to him when we got home. And then again before bed.... I'm not complaining, believe me; I'd much rather he be interested in books than video games or tv. Of course he loves his Word World on pbs (even if you don't have kids, this show is adorable; shows how letters are interchangeable to help you spell), Thomas, and Bob The Builder (Bob-o as Ava so lovingly refers to him) but he can't pass up a good book. He also can't get enough puzzles... if you've read this past post here, you'll know what I'm talking about. 

He was "reading" all his library books this morning

Not even half of Aiden's books, or puzzles for that matter
More puzzles
Reading in the middle of Hallmark
 And then we have little Ava. If you sit on the floor while in the same room as her, you'd better get ready for a marathon reading session. She'll bring you book after book after book. She too got books last night at the library (and I've read those several times just this morning alone). You'd also better be prepared to make room on your lap for both kids when there's a book involved. If she sees you reading to Aiden, watch out, because she'll be right there in a nano-second, climbing into your lap... She can't be left out of hearing a good story!
Nerd in training
 We're big on books in the house, and I only hope they continue to enjoy them as they grow up. After all, both Jacob and I were nerds in school. We both remember doing Book-It! as kids during the summers (anyone else remember that?? Oh I loved getting those Pizza Hut personal pizzas as rewards; I'm sad, I know) I think I still have my Book-It! buttons somewhere around here, loaded with stars I'm sure!
Reading together
Apparently, they thought the light was good enough right in front of the door...


No comments:

Post a Comment