Friday, August 10, 2012

Newest Makeover

This past weekend, we took my sister to estate sales with us (her first ever!) and didn't have much luck with finding anything. She only ended up with one thing (a book from 1920) and we found this....

New side table
It was only $20!! I loved the green paint on it, but once we got a closer look, realized it wasn't done very well. It looked like they painted it an aqua color then went over it with a darker stain/paint... but you could see all the brush strokes and it just looked.... ugly. So we figured we could do something with it. On the inside of all the drawers, there was this weird circular pattern, that they had hidden by brown paper bag liners. Still have no clue what was in there, but it's in every drawer and it's really hard to get out. I tried sanding, scraping, yelling sawing... and it won't come out. I think I'll eventually cover them up with fabric liners. I stripped the old paint off and we discovered it was veneer underneath. It also had really cool brass feet (also painted). Then all I did was put a few coats of poly on, and voila! Done!

Found a spot for it in the front entry
I don't know WHAT they had in here....
Love the zebra/animal print pattern of the veneer

Bought the glass knobs at Home Depot for I believe $4 each
Nice pattern to the top also

I also finished the huge sideboard piece this week, and hope to put the "after"pictures up sometime this weekend. J and I are also going to a few sales tomorrow on the lookout for a new dresser for Ava or some bookshelves for Aiden, so maybe I'll have more projects to showcase!!

No comments:

Post a Comment