Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Traffic Signs and an Update

I was browsing around on Pintrest last night, as I often do before bed, and I came across this adorable craft for boys. I followed it back to Doodles and Jots, and decided to create my own.

Doodles and Jots
I only make 6 (since that's how many caps I had here lying around) but hope to make more at some point. I also found that the caps I used, off Kirkland water, weren't quite sturdy/large enough, since the popsicle sticks tend to fall out when Aiden is playing with them. But with all the coke caps I have around here, I might just switch them out once I enter in those coke rewards online...

All cut and and ready to go!
Cute!
All in all, Aiden enjoyed playing with them!







Also, if you remember the green side table I refinished, I mentioned in that post about the weird residue in the drawers and how I planned on covering them up. Pintrest to the rescue again... I was originally planning on just using spray adhesive to line them with fabric; but on one blog, they had the idea to use foam board and just wrap the fabric around that to insert into the drawer. Unfortunately I didn't pin it when I saw it, so I'm not sure where it originally came from (if you've seen it somewhere, please let me know so I can give the proper credit!). I bought foam board on sale from JoAnn's (4 @ $1.99 ea), and already had the spray adhesive and fabric, so I got off pretty cheap! Now we use it to store all Aiden's puzzles so there is more room in his playroom for actual toys!



No comments:

Post a Comment