Friday, August 24, 2012

Birth Stat Canvases

I was on the lookout for new projects since I had no sewing needs at the moment, and am currently waiting for Jacob to customize the wardrobe cabinet (here), and found these adorable canvas prints of your child's birth stats (ie, weight, length, etc). Since canvas was on sale last week at Jo-Ann's, I picked up a few and decided to make my own. I've seen them on Etsy (did I just find my newest item to sell maybe??) going anywhere from $30-$80 each! I found one on Zulily for $90, some on Etsy, here, here, and here.

My practice hand-drawn one so I could figure out sizes...
  There are so many different ways you can do these, totally customizable. Most seemed to be painted on, but since I have no painting skills whatsoever, I decided to use the best tool at my disposal: the cricut. I ended up making 3 (no, I'm not pregnant...) because I messed up on Ava's and mod podge is really strong - I couldn't fix my mistake since it had dried, and had to do it all over again. Whoops... Now they're hanging on their bedroom doors, and Aiden "reads" his everyday! I used 12x12 canvas, and since they were half off, they were only $4.99 or so each... not bad!

Cute, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I want one for my babies too! Canine for now and then human later

    ReplyDelete