Sunday, August 12, 2012

Finished!

We finally finished the huge sideboard piece we found at an estate sale... If you remember, it looked like this before:


What a difference!
And now:


I know it doesn't look like much of a difference, but in person, you can see how much it cleaned up... it looks fresher (does that make sense?). I used a warm cherry poly-shade (stain and poly in one) and it turned out pretty good. The only weird part is the legs; they soaked up the stain so much that it barely looks like it was stained in the first place. I think I'll have to put a few coats of varnish on them to help shine them up a bit... hopefully that helps!




We also picked up a new dresser for Ava at the one and only sale we went to yesterday (it was quite the drive out there) and I hope to have pictures up of that soon too.

1 comment: