Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ready for School to Start...

Aiden and I were watching a Toy Story 3 today and I looked over at him during a particularly sad/scary part (where the toys were in the garbage dump, scared me to...) and he was crying... Nothing kills you more as a parent when your child is crying for some unknown reason. So I asked him what was wrong, thinking it was the movie, he says, "Mom, I miss my friend Olivia". Then he started to cry more... Then that made me cry...

A vicious cycle ensued.

He is SO ready to go back to school, asking me every day if school started yet. At bed time, I was trying to get him all excited for tomorrow, where we go to his new school for an open house to meet his classmates. He got very excited for the prospect of new toys, playground,  kids, etc, until he remembered he is going to go on the bus. And then he started crying again. What is he trying to do to me?!? He rode the bus all by himself last year, what makes this year any different? I'm hoping that he'll remember how much fun it is and soon forget what he's worried about.

Next hurdle? How is Ava going to cope with her "Bubba" leaving for a few hours? She was too young last year to realize he was gone....

Aiden's first day on the school bus last year... so little

No comments:

Post a Comment