Thursday, September 27, 2012

From Ugly to Elegant

So finally, I've gotten my act together and finished the project that's taken me a month (or more, I can't remember)...

My in-laws brought me this chair that they got (for $15!) and asked me to reupholster it for them. It seemed like every other chair I've done, so I said "of course!". Once I got the chance to tear off the old, I found I was in for a LONG project. There was a lot of hand sewing on this, more than I care to do. If I have the machine, I want to use the machine!

But alas, there were some parts that weren't able to be sewed until it was actually on the chair... hence the time consuming process of sewing by hand. In the end though, it was worth it. What once was ugly and stained (the old owners had pets... I had many sneezing attacks while working on this one), is now very elegant and clean! So I leave you with the "before" and "after", they speak for themselves:





No comments:

Post a Comment