Friday, May 10, 2013

Big Girl Bed

Over the past few weeks, we've been discussing when it would be a good time for Ava to move to her "big girl bed". We both felt it would be better to do it sooner than later, considering the new baby will get her crib in a few months. We didn't want Ava to resent the baby in any way, thinking the baby "took" her bed. So tonight was the night! I've been talking to her about getting a big bed like Aiden had, and even though she said "No thank you" each time I asked her, she made the transition surprisingly well. We had both kids "help" take down her crib and work on putting the new bed together (a daybed we purchased shortly after we got married).

 

When all was said and done, she thought it was so much fun getting in and out on her own. 

 
Putting her animals in the drawers...
 

I was expecting a night of constantly going in to put her back in... but knock on wood, she only got out once. Jacob went up to check on her after an hour (I thought I heard her door open) and she was out cold. Now I know the night isn't over and anything could still happen, but *fingers crossed*, I hope it will be uneventful! It's anyone's guess as to how it will go over the next few days/weeks!

Why does she look so big?!?
So happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment