Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trash to Treasure

My sister Nicole found this ottoman in someone's garbage and snatched it right up... She knew the bones of this ottoman were still good, and asked me to help her out and recover it. Please excuse the crappy quality of the following pictures...
 


It had a few tears on the corners, which was probably what caused the original owners to throw it out.


Once I tore it apart and started working on getting the new fabric on, the entire thing fell apart. So, with the assistance of Jacob, it was completely re-built and is now stronger than ever! I also added an additional 2 inches of foam on the seat part so it was a little cushier (is that a word?) since before, when you sat on it, it felt like you were going to fall through.

This was where it fell apart, none of the original nails were in straight

 The kids even enjoyed it!! Nicole picked out this gorgeous fabric to match her living room curtains - I hope it matches!




Done!

1 comment: